Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
March 11, 2020
From Mr. Clady
Students should not bring toys or trading cards of any kind to school, particularly Pokemon cards. Items brought to school often become distractions to the student who brought them and to those around him/her. If toys, including Pokemon cards, are brought to school and become distracting or disruptive, they may be taken from your child and you may be contacted to pick them up. The school cannot be responsible for any lost, broken, or stolen items.
• Liturgy – This week’s school liturgy was prepared and presented by Mrs. Prior’s 5th grade classroom. Our next liturgy will be sponsored by Mrs. Floyd’s 5th grade class. Please join us on Wednesday, March 18th at 8:30am in the church.
• Third Quarter ends Friday, March 13th.
• How Sick is Too Sick? Please read the attached from the Indiana Department of Education regarding sending your child to school or keeping him/her at home during times of illness. OLG adheres to these guidelines.
• OLG Spirit Day is Friday, March 13th. Students may wear an OLG t-shirt, sweatshirt, or sports jersey this day with uniform pants or plaids.
• Faith Filled Friday will be Friday, March 20th. Students may come to school this day out of uniform in exchange for a monetary donation to St. Georges School in Haiti.
• Spring Break begins at 3:00 dismissal on Thursday, March 27th. Classes resume on Monday, April 6th.
• Where are you attending Mass this Spring Break? Near or far, OLG or elsewhere, pick up a bulletin where you attended Mass over Spring Break. Bring it to school the Monday we return (April 6th), and you may have an out of uniform day that day.
• Uniform Reminder – From the school handbook: Navy or tan, loose-fitting, walking shorts no higher than 3” above the knee may be worn with regulation uniform shirts/blouses after Spring Break until the end of the school year. Appropriate materials are twill, heavy cotton, or polyester in nature. Lycra, jersey, denim, and fleece are not acceptable materials. Cargo shorts are not considered uniform. Shorts are to be worn with the waistband at the waist at all times.
• Sponsorships – We are currently seeking sponsors for the school, library and athletics program at OLG. There are opportunities for all budgets, starting as low as $250 and can incorporate both cash and product contributions. If your business would like to partner with OLG school, you have a contact to share, or would like more information, please contact Rebeca Simpson Holloway at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-517-3992.
• Meeting today at 4:30 in the school office conference room
• Last Call – Track athletes must be registered by this week to be included on team emails! Email email@example.com if you need assistance
• Summer Camps – Roncalli High School will again offer many different sport camps this summer for elementary age student athletes currently in grades K-8. Registration begins March 1. Information/Online Registration is available on the Roncalli High School website: www.roncalli.org/camps For more information, please call the athletic office at Roncalli High School (788-4094 or 787-8277 ext. 263).
• Join us for Family Game Night – On Thursday, March 26 at 6:30 p.m., the Msgr. Bernard P. Sheridan Knights of Columbus Council #6138 Family Committee, in conjunction with the Our Lady of the Greenwood Family Ministry Group, is presenting a family-friendly evening of board and/or card games in Madonna Hall. We will supply a pizza dinner and drinks. We’ll have several games to choose from (Monopoly, Risk, Uno, etc.)… or bring your own! If you have questions, email Alan Inkenbrandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to email@example.com. All items must be approved by the principal.