Our Lady of the Greenwood School
March 22, 2023
• Three Things Thursday is Thursday, March 23. Students may come to school out of uniform this day in exchange for a monetary donation for St. Georges school in Haiti. All donations directly support the education of children at St. Georges and other parish needs.
• Absences and Tardies and ILearn –Daylight Savings Time makes getting up harder and staying up late easier. Just a helpful reminder that Middle School classes begin at 7:50 am.
Pre-K through Grade 5 classes begin at 8:05 am.
Beginning Monday, April 17 and running through Friday, May 5, ILearn testing happens. Attendance at school is very important on all days, but critically vital during ILearn. If a student misses a testing session, then the student has a make-up test to take. This requires missing class to complete the missed test session. Multiply this times two absences, three absences, or being late to school = problem for all. Thank you for your help in getting the kids out the door everyday.
• Uniform Reminder – From the school handbook: Navy or tan, loose-fitting, walking shorts no higher than 3” above the knee may be worn with regulation uniform shirts/blouses after Spring Break until the end of the school year. Appropriate materials are twill, heavy cotton, or polyester in nature. Lycra, jersey, denim, and fleece are not acceptable materials. Cargo shorts are not considered uniform. Shorts are to be worn with the waistband at the waist at all times.
• OLG School will hold our annual Purse BINGO (license #002104) on Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at the Royal Order of Moose 2079 Lodge. Doors open at 5:30 pm. Games begin at 6:30 pm. Door Prizes! Raffle Baskets! Designer Purses! and more! Tickets are $25 for unreserved individual seats or $30 for reserved seats at a table of 6 or 8. Tickets are on sale now at the school’s front office. Please contact the office at email@example.com or 317-881-1300 if questions.
• How You Can Help with Purse BINGO 2023 (license #002041)
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Moose Lodge at 813 W. Smith Valley Rd.
Doors Open at 5:30 pm
Games Begin at 6:30 pm
- Do you have a business? Please consider a $250.00 donation to have your business image and name printed in our Purse BINGO booklet. Contact Jan McManus for more information.
- Want to sponsor a game? If each student contributed $2 towards Purse BINGO game sponsorship, then family names and/or homeroom names would receive shout-outs and print recognition during the event. Simply place $2 in an envelope with your name and Purse BINGO on the front. Send it to the office. Voila!
- Have friends or family? Then come and play BINGO! Teachers and staff run the event.
Ms. Sexton calls the numbers. Ms. Rode checks the winning cards. Mr. Clady sells 50/50 tickets. Mrs. Begley greets you at the front door. Mrs. Schultz, Mrs. Rogers, and Mrs. Jackson process the door prizes, the raffle baskets, and the extra purse raffle tickets. Other faculty and staff members play. It. Is. A. Blast!
For $180, you can reserve a table for six.
For $240, you can reserve a table for eight.
For $25, you can purchase individual tickets.
Contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Jan McManus at email@example.com for tickets.
Laugh until you cry!
Support our students’ needs!
Try something new!
• Father Daughter Dance – Join us for the Father Daughter Dance on April 28th! Dessert and Dancing! Please RSVP by April 24th at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0948A5A72EA3FCC16-father or to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Trash Bag Sales Have Returned! Fifth and Sixth Grade students will take orders March 16th – April 6th. Kitchen (15 gallons) and Large (39 gallons) sizes are available at $12 per roll. Please see your favorite fifth or sixth grader to stock up on these quality trash bags! If you have any questions please contact Eric Moster at email@example.com.
Thursday, March 23 – Three Things Thursday collection for St. Georges in Haiti
Thursday, March 23 – Spring Break begins at 3:00pm dismissal
Monday, April 3 – Classes resume
• Next Meeting April 12th, 4:30pm in the School Office. We will be discussing Teacher Appreciation Week plans – Come join us!
• Sponsor a Staff Member for Teacher’s Appreciation Week! See the attached Sign-Up Genius to volunteer to cover a Teacher’s Basket! Coordinate with your classroom parents or donate yourself. Every OLG School Staff member has completed a “wish list” for teacher’s appreciation week, topping out at about $50 for each basket. Lists will be dispersed as staff are claimed on the sign-up genius! Please consider helping PTO provide a special week with personalized gifts. Baskets are due May 8th (lots of time!). Sign-Up Genius to Sponsor OLG Staff
• PTO Questions? Contact Tara Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Soccer, Kickball, and Track — Games and Meets start after break!
• FALL SPORTS – Come to the OLG Ice-Cream Social on May 17th (3-5ish) and chat with coaches regarding our fall sports (football, co-ed flag for K-2nd grade!, cross country, cheer, girl’s kickball, and girl’s volleyball!). We need everyone committed BEFORE summer to make sure your athletes are included on our teams and summer practices. Registrations wont open until Mid May – so please mark your calendars! Girl’s Volleyball will be in August next year – please discuss with our coaches how to coordinate with kickball, cross-country, and cheer!
• New Season, New earnings – Spring is a great time to get organized while you earn. Whether it’s a closet update, maintenance around the house, or a project you’ve been saving for warmer weather—earn with every purchase.
• Dick Sporting Goods eGift cards now available – Get ready for those spring sports and earn for OLG School.
• Out of Uniform Days – Spend at least $200 in RaiseRight purchases by the end of March. Use the attached form here (also available in the office) to earn dress down days for your family even if you don’t have an online account.
• Need help getting started? Contact RaiseRight coordinator Eric Moster at email@example.com or 317-432-7521
• Roncalli High School Needs Adult Tutors! We believe all students should get the help they need! Roncalli High School is looking for adults who have Math, English, Science OR World Language backgrounds! If you have the flexibility, background and love to teach students, this is your calling! All of our tutors are expected to complete the Indianapolis Archdiocesan wide Safe Parish program that includes a background check. https://www.archindy.org/hr/safe-home.html Plus, many tutors charge $20 – $25 per hour. If you are interested, please email Jane Dias, JDias@roncalli.org.
• Easter Egg Hunt – Please join the Knights of Columbus Council #6138 for the 29th annual Easter Egg Hunt! It will be on Sat., April 15, 2023, (the Saturday after Easter Sunday) at 11 a.m. at the field south of Our Lady of the Greenwood School. We’ll have a hunt for kids 4 and younger and kids 5 and older. It’s FREE with donation of a canned or boxed food item for the OLG Food Pantry. In case of inclement weather, this event will be held in the Parish Life Center (gym)
OLG Mission Statement
Serving Greenwood and the surrounding areas, Our Lady of the Greenwood School is a Catholic school that is proactive in developing a Christian educational environment that:
- Models the teachings of Christ
- Challenges each student’s academic potential
- Encourages creative, healthy, well-rounded individuals
- Fosters caring, competent decision makers
School: 317-881-1300::::Fax: 317-885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items must be approved by the principal.