Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
December 4, 2019
• Liturgy: This week’s school liturgy was prepared and presented by Mrs. Floyd’s 5th grade classroom. Our next liturgy will be sponsored by the 3rd grade classes. Please join us on Wednesday, December 11th at 8:30am in the church.
• Another server training is scheduled for Wednesday, December 11th. It will be 3:30- 5:00 in the church.
• Christmas Youth Choir OLG! Attention all 2nd through 5th graders! Please sing for our Family Christmas Eve Mass on December 24, 2019, at 4 p.m. in church! We need you, so join today!!! We will rehearse WEDNESDAYS, Dec. 11 and 18 from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the church. See you there! Please email Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
• Kids’ Night Out – Friday, December 6th from 6-9pm in the school gym for grades K-6. Permission forms were sent home and are also available in the school office.
• Parents’ Night Out – Friday, December 6th from 6-9pm at Campbell’s Highland Grill on SR 135, next to Gymboree.
• Christmas Program – Grades K-3, along with our Middle School Choir, Handbell Choir, and band (evening performance only), will present this year’s Christmas Program on Wednesday, December 11th at 1:30pm and 6:30pm. Both performances will be in Upper Level Madonna Hall. Please join us and them as they fill the hall with Christmas voices raised in song.
• Lost & Found is beginning to overflow. Please have your child look for items that may have strayed. Unclaimed items will be donated after Christmas.
• Trash Bags – This is a reminder that there are plenty of trash bags in stock right now. Contact your favorite 6th or 7th grader to pick some up. You may also contact Rick Norris at 317-319-3567 to request some.
• No Meeting this month- next one is February 2020!
• Boxtops – Be sure to collect and send in your boxtops or scan them in for the 2nd Quarter tally.
• The athletics board is in need of empty baskets for the annual reverse raffle in February. If you have any in good condition that are no longer needed, please send them to the office.
• Boys Volleyball – LAST CALL for 4/5/6th Graders or coaches! If interested, email email@example.com immediately! Highschoolers are welcome to coach a team with an adult assistant.
Hearts for Haiti
• Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! 10 Pins Bowling in Franklin is holding a Bowl-To-Donate fundraiser for OLG Hearts for Haiti on Sunday, December 8th from noon to 6:00pm. 10 Pins offers 6 lanes of mini-bowling, a game room, food and drinks. During the fundraiser, a portion of the proceeds from bowling and food sales will be donated to OLG Hearts for Haiti. 10 Pins Bowling is located at 27 W. Monroe St. in Franklin. Reservations are encouraged, call (317) 739-3578.
• 2020 Trivia Night—January 11 – OLG Hearts for Haiti Trivia Night will be Saturday,
January 11, 2020! Mark your calendars and join us then for a fun night in support of our brothers and sisters in Haiti. Cost is $25.00 per person which includes food, drinks and fun. Come with a team or join a team and make new friends. Register your team now, while you’re thinking about it! Email, phone or text Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-777-4454.
• Cedar Lane Family Dentistry Free Dental Day will be Saturday, December 7th, 8:00am-2:00pm at 850 Cedar Lane in Franklin. This day is designed for those who cannot afford dental care. Anything that can be completed in one visit can be done. Please arrive early to get a reserved time. For more information, please call 317-736-7476.
• Skate with Santa – Saturday, December 7th from 6:30-8:30pm at the Perry Ice Rink. Skate for FREE with 6 cans of food or $5 monetary donation to St. Vincent de Paul Society/
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to email@example.com. All items must be approved by the principal.