Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
February 26, 2020
From Mr. Clady
If you have any questions about voucher applications for the 2020-2021 school year, please contact Mr. Clady at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an existing voucher family, please drop by a copy of the first two pages of your 2019 tax return or email a copy to email@example.com. You may also contact the school office for an appointment at 881-1300 or email Mr. Clady.
• Liturgy – This week’s school liturgy was prepared and presented by Ms. Sexton’s 1st grade classroom. Our next liturgy will be sponsored by Mrs. Gray’s 1st grade class. Please join us on Wednesday, March 4th at 8:30am in the church.
• Stations of the Cross will be every Friday of Lent at 2:15 in the church. Please feel free to join us, beginning this Friday, February 28th.
• Faith Filled Friday will be Friday, February 28th. Our Faith Filled Friday for the month of February is in support of the Missionary Childhood Association (a branch of the Archdiocesan Mission Office). MCA was founded in the early 1800’s by French missionaries to North America for “children helping children.” After learning about the great needs of the world’s poorest children, young people are invited to pray and to offer financial help so that children in the Missions today may know Christ and experience His love and care. Students may come to school out of uniform this day in exchange for a donation to the MCA.
• 2020 Kindergarten Bake sale – Wednesday and Thursday March 18 and 19 during all lunches.
Proceeds will go to the OLG Food Pantry. Bring your money/donations! Thank you.
• 8th Grade – Applications for Reidman/Hunter Scholarship due to Ms. Mack by Thursday, March 26. See Ms. Mack or Ms. Rode for application forms. This scholarship is open to all current 8th graders planning to attend Roncalli.
• Yearbooks – If you are registered to come to OLG next year, your family will receive one (1) of this year’s soft cover yearbooks because it is now included in your registration. Yearbooks will be distributed in the fall.
Current 8th graders or any non-returning students who do not have any siblings coming to OLG next year, will need to buy a yearbook. Yearbooks beyond one per family must also be ordered. A standard soft cover yearbook is $20. If you wish to upgrade the complimentary yearbook to personalized cover/hard cover, etc., you must turn in a paper order to school. Paper orders are available in the school office.
To order additional soft cover yearbooks or for non-returning students : ybpay.lifetouch.com Use our code 8880220
• OLG Lenten Fish Fry – All Fridays during Lent (except Good Friday) from 5-7pm in the school cafeteria, beginning this Friday, March 8th.
• Parent(s) Needed: We are in need of an equipment manager. It is a fairly simple position to fill, especially if you live nearby! Two parents could work as a team to do this – please consider donating your time to lessen the burden placed on others. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with an athletic board member!
• TRACK – Parent(s) Needed: If you plan on your athlete participating in track, please help us find a few co-leaders for the group. There looks to be a good number of participants and YOUR help is needed! If you haven’t registered your runner yet, track registration is still open! 3rd – 8th graders invited. Email: email@example.com.
• MY GIRL!!!! ARE YOU GOING TO THE FATHER DAUGHTER DANCE??? Feb. 29 – 6:30-8:30 Parish Life Center. ALL FATHERS (or father figures) and their daughters are welcome. Walk-ins welcome, but RSVP to the Parish office is greatly appreciated. 317-888-2861. $25 per family. Hosted by Youth Ministry as a fund raiser for those going to NCYC 2021.
• SCRIP February Sweepstakes! Any family that orders $200 or more in SCRIP in the month of February earns a FREE Dress Down Day in March!
Order at www.shopwithscrip.com or get a paper order form in the School Office!
Questions or need help with SCRIP? Call/text Elizabeth Barajas at 219-242-3715.
• “R Family Day” – Roncalli would like to invite you to “R Family Day,” a special gathering in celebration of our cultural diversity. The event will be on Saturday, March 7 from 12:00 – 2:00 PM in Roncalli’s cafeteria and gym. This celebration will include education and performances from countries around the world such as Myanmar, Mexico, Nigeria, India, and many others. “R Family Day” is student-driven with the support of local organizations. The event is open to the public and free of cost; however, donations will be gratefully accepted.
• Summer Camps – Roncalli High School will again offer many different sport camps this summer for elementary age student athletes currently in grades K-8. These camps are conducted by members of the Rebel coaching staff and serve to provide fundamental instruction in each sport as well as a wonderful opportunity to have fun in a friendly and nourishing environment.
CAMPS for BOYS in 2020: Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Wrestling, Baseball, Soccer, Volleyball, Lacrosse, Speed Development
CAMPS for GIRLS in 2020: Basketball, Cross Country, Volleyball, Softball, Soccer, Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Lacrosse
CO-ED CAMPS in 2020: Golf, Tennis, Swimming, Diving
The cost for each camp is $50 per camper/per session. Registration begins March 1.
Information/Online Registration is available on the Roncalli High School website: www.roncalli.org/camps
For more information, please call the athletic office at Roncalli High School
(788-4094 or 787-8277 ext. 263).
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items must be approved by the principal.