Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
November 13, 2019
• Liturgy: This week’s school liturgy was prepared and presented by the 3rd grade in Miss Hillstrom’s classroom. Our next liturgy will be sponsored by the 3rd grade classes. Please join us on Wednesday, November 20th at 8:30am in the church.
• Hats, Coats, and Gloves! – Please send hat, coat, and gloves to school with your student(s). We will have outside recess unless the weather is inclement.
• Faith Filled Friday- As we count our many blessings this year, we would like to remember some of our own OLG families in a special way during this upcoming Christmas season with this month’s Faith Filled Friday collection on Friday, November 22nd. Students may come to school out of uniform this day in exchange for a monetary donation. Please contact Mr. Clady at firstname.lastname@example.org if your family has needs or concerns for Christmas. One of the best gifts of Christmas is the gift of giving.
• Thanksgiving Break begins at 3:00 dismissal on Wednesday, November 27th. Classes resume on Monday, December 2nd.
• If you would like to receive text messages regarding school delays, cancellations, or other information, it’s easy. Text “OLGSchool” to 292929 from your mobile device, or just click on this link: http://www.call-em-all.com/join/OLGSchool. You’ll get text message announcements regarding important school information, such as school closings, weather delays, and other urgent and timely messages. Standard data and messaging rates may apply. You may unsubscribe at any time. Text HELP for help or STOP to unsubscribe. These text message alerts will not replace routine school news (ie. email, Eagle Flyer, etc.) but is an additional service for families.
• Snow Days and Delays – If school is delayed or closed due to inclement weather, you may find the information on TV channels 6, 8, or 13 or check their websites. A text message will be sent to those who enrolled for this service. We will get the information out as soon as possible. Morning Care will begin at 8:45am on delay days.
In the event of a 2 hour school delay:
Mrs. Spearing’s class will begin at 10:15 with dismissal at 12:15.
Mrs. Mohr’s and Mrs. Doles’s full day Pre-K classes will begin the school day at 10:00.
Mrs. Roush’s class will be in session 10:15 – 12:15.
• Meeting TODAY (Wednesday – 11/13/19) at 4:30pm, Teacher’s Lounge.
• THANKS to all who volunteered at Purse Bingo (16+ teachers included!) and those who came to play! We can’t host such wonderful events without such wonderful people. Several purse winners and the 50/50 winner among our OLG Family! Don’t miss out on the fun next time!
• Meeting THIS Sunday (11/17/19) at 7pm, Lower Level Narthax Prayer Room.
• The athletics board is in need of empty baskets for the annual reverse raffle in February. If you have any in good condition that are no longer needed, please send them to the office.
• Open Mat – Saint Barnabas will have open mat for anyone interested in checking out the wrestling program this year. The dates for open mat will be 12/3, 12/10, 12/17 held in the upper room from 6-7:30 for ages k-8.
• Volleyball – Mandatory Evaluations in 10 DAYS!!!! in the OLG Gym. Email email@example.com if you would like to coach, assistant coach, or if your player can NOT attend evaluations.
BOYS: 4th, 5th, 6th Graders- Sunday 11/24/19 2-3 PM
BOYS: 7th, 8th Graders- Sunday 11/24/19 3-4 PM
GIRLS: 4th Graders- Sunday 11/24/19 4-5:30 PM
GIRLS: 5th, 6th Graders – Sunday 11/24/19 5:30-7 PM AND Monday 11/25/19 5-6:30PM
GIRLS: 7th, 8th Graders – Monday 11/25/19 6:30-8 PM AND Tuesday 11/26/19 5-6PM
• 2019-20 Winter Jr. Lady Rebels Basketball Information – Registration for winter Jr. Rebels will be on Sunday, November 24th from 1:00-2:30 PM for 4th and 5th Grades and from 2:45-4:15 for 6th, 7th and 8th players (who did not play in fall league) will need to be there to be evaluated. The participation for the Winter Indy Hoops League will cost $60.00 if you need a jersey and $50.00 if you do not need a jersey.
At least one parent will need to attend the sign-ups in order to make the payment, fill out paperwork and sign the IGHL release of liability form. Players will be evaluated on November 24th and at the first two practices and then teams will be formed. Each team will practice once during the week and once on Saturday afternoon. Players get 2 games every other Sunday throughout the winter. Below is the Dates of Sunday Games by age group:
Game Dates for 7th & 8th Grade Only will be Dec. 1, 8, 15, 22nd
Game Dates for 4th Grade will be Dec. 1, 15th Jan. 12, 26, Feb. 9 and 16th for Tournament
Game Dates for 5th & 6th Grade will be Dec. 8, 22, Jan. 19, Feb. 2, 9 and 16th Tournament
All individuals interested in coaching should contact Denise McClanahan at
317-371-4010 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Roncalli hosts evening presentation on social media application – All parents are welcome to attend a presentation from Detective Darin Odier in the Roncalli Auditorium on Monday, December 2nd from 6:30-8:00 PM. Detective Odier has served our community as a police officer for 30 years and a Federal Task Force Officer with the FBI Child Exploitation unit for 13 years. His presentation will focus on social media applications and dangers, sextorsion and real life predators. Earlier that day, he will be presenting to Roncalli’s freshman class. Please note that at his evening presentation, Detective Odier asks that no young children be present. While his talk does not include anything graphic, the subject matter is NOT for children.
• KEEP CHRIST IN CHRISTMAS 2019 POSTER CONTEST – Msgr. Bernard P. Sheridan Knights of Columbus Council #6138 is inviting boys and girls in Greenwood ages 5 through 14 to participate in the organization’s international Keep Christ in Christmas poster contest. The contest will be conducted locally with winning entries advancing to the district/region and then to state, national and international levels. The winning entries may serve as the basis for a series of new Christmas posters that encourage a deeper understanding of the holiday. Entry forms will be available in the OLG narthex and in the OLG school office. Entries may be submitted in the narthex in the box labeled “Keep Christ in Christmas Contest.” For contest rules, please visit https://bit.ly/2oDDwv0 . Entries due December 1. If you have questions, email Alan Inkenbrandt at email@example.com .
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items must be approved by the principal.