Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
October 21, 2020
• Picture Retakes will be Thursday, October 22nd. Pre-School 3’s will have pictures taken this day, along with those who were absent on the original day. Students getting retakes must return the original picture package. They may come out of uniform but will need to change into uniforms after the retakes.
• Faith Filled Friday will be Friday, October 30th. Students may come to school out of uniform (while adhering to the guidelines in the school handbook) this day in exchange for a food item(s) or monetary donation to the OLG Food Pantry.
• Christmas Store Thank You – We would like to express our profound gratitude to all the students and their families, the faculty, and the staff of Our Lady of the Greenwood Catholic School for the WONDERFUL donations they made this year to the needy children served at Christmas by Catholic Charities’ Christmas Store! We will be serving 3000 needy children aged newborn through 19 again this year. We hope that they all will have a wonderful, blessed Christmas with their own families this year, knowing that they made Christmas a happy time for so many other children who would otherwise have had nothing for Christmas!
- Nancy Hollinden for the Volunteers of the Christmas Store
• USDA Waivers Extended for the Remainder of the School Year –
The USDA has issued waivers for all Federal Lunch Program schools across the country to provide free meals to ALL students as part of COVID-19 relief. This program includes Our Lady of the Greenwood School. The USDA has approved an extension through June 20, 2021.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
* All reimbursable breakfast and lunch meals (not including items purchased a la carte) will be provided at no charge for the duration of the program.
* Students will continue to be charged for a la carte items.
WHAT IS A REIMBURSABLE MEAL?
* A reimbursable lunch includes 3-5 meal components (meat or meat alternative, grain/bread, fruit, vegetable, and milk), one of which must be a fruit or vegetable.
* A reimbursable breakfast includes at least three of the offered items, including one fruit or vegetable.
WILL SCHOOL MENUS CHANGE DUE TO THIS PROGRAM?
*No changes are planned to our school menus.
*Menus are available on the school website.
We are excited that this program is being offered to our families to help provide some financial relief during this extraordinary time. I would encourage you to still apply for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program if you feel that you may qualify. In addition, we receive other federal government funding for programs based on the number of families that qualify for free/reduced lunches.
Please contact Mr. Clady at email@example.com if you have any questions.
• OLG Face Masks are still available for $8 each. Proceeds will go towards gym maintenance fees. See the attached photo! Send money into the school office or contact Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any extra donations are welcome to help Athletics carry the year’s costs (Covid has greatly affected fundraising.).
• Cross Country – The cross-country team finished the season with a bang at the CYO Championship meet in Shelbyville on Saturday, October 10th. We had great performances from everyone, including five Personal Records (Izzy Corn, Ingrid Haywood, Rylin Wiggins, Maria Mears, and Izzy Vermillion). Evan Stark was very close to his PR. Nearly everyone improved their times from the first time we ran at this course one month ago, some by a huge margin.
Being the CYO Championship meet where every team in the archdiocese is competing, this is an extremely high caliber meet and it is very hard to achieve a high placing. Charlie Fletter took top honors for the Eagles with her 28th place with Izzy Vermillion and Dulce Gonzalez also recording top 50 finishes. Yet regardless of place or time, each of our runners competed well and did us proud! What a great season for all!!
• Boys and Girls Volleyball (4th-8th) registrations are DUE November 20th with evaluations starting that Sunday (11/22/20). Further scheduling is being finalized. Go to www.cyoarchindy.org to register or email email@example.com for more information.
• Attention 5th-8th grade girls – We are preparing for another Rebel Junior Volleyball season this year. If you plan to have your daughter tryout for Rebel Juniors, please fill out this registration form as I will be using these emails for future communication. https://forms.gle/yxNePb3GzHRDRFha9 Please pass this link on to any player who would be interested in trying out.
We plan to have our first tryout Sunday, November 1st. Times will be sent out as the date gets closer. I know that other clubs have already had tryouts or are starting them soon. WIth Covid and this being my first season as a head coach, I could not make an October tryout happen. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We plan to only have 4 teams this season (one for each age group), unless we feel another team would be necessary in a certain age group.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me,
Coach Raz firstname.lastname@example.org
• SCRIP Bonus Fest Continues this weekend and next: Each weekend features a different lineup of brands on bonus for 2 days only. Don’t miss your chance for these bonus deals!!
• Shadowing Update at Roncalli – All first semester dates at Roncalli are filled! But don’t worry, our second semester dates are open, and we are ready to start scheduling! Please contact Allie Ross at email@example.com to get your 8th grader signed up today. Shadowing dates will go fast as we are currently allowing 3 students per day. If that changes, we will open it up to more guests.
• Roncalli Open House – Roncalli invites all prospective students in 5th – 8th grades, along with a parent or family member, to join them for an Open House on Thursday, November 5th from 6:00 – 7:30 PM.
Students are invited to join three informational sessions, focusing on topics such as campus ministry, academic, athletics, fine arts and the “big picture” Roncalli. Each session will last 15-20 minutes, with time for questions. Each session will accommodate 50 students and one parent or family member will be able to join them. For those who attend the entire evening, guests will be eligible to win one of three $100 gift certificates to the Roncalli Spirit Store. Guests must attend all three sessions and be present to win.
Sign up to attend a session via SignUp Genius at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080C44AFAA2EA4FD0-roncalli and see why so many people are making Roncalli their choice for high school! For information about RHS, visit www.roncalli.org, or contact Allie Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-787-8277 extension 243 with questions.
• My Story, R Family – Today’s My Story, R Family comes from senior and St. Barnabas parishioner, Grace Cassiero. We love seeing the love our students have for God and service, and Grace’s story is truly inspiring. She has heard God’s call, and she is answering it!
• Roncalli Wrestling Foundation – The Elementary and Middle School wrestling season begins on November 3 and ends on March 13. Students can join at any time with practices and weight lifting on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Roncalli, and we will participate in a full competition schedule. More details can be found on our website – roncalliwrestlingfoundation.org or contact Coach McClurg @ 317-501-8306 or at email@example.com.
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items must be approved by the principal.