Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
January 15, 2020
• Liturgy – This week’s school liturgy was prepared and presented by Ms. Rode’s 6th grade classroom. Our next liturgy will be sponsored by Mrs. Dickey’s 2nd grade class. Please join us on Wednesday, January 22nd at 8:30am in the church.
• School will not be in session Friday, January 17 (unless needed as a snow make-up day).
• School will not be in session Monday, January 20 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
• 2020-2021 School Registration – Registration for the 2020-2021 school year for current families will begin Wednesday, January 15th. Registration information will be emailed at that time. Open registration for new families will begin Monday, February 3rd.
• Catholic Schools Week will be January 27 to January 31. .
• Silent Auction Coming Up! Be on the lookout for more information regarding our Second Annual Silent Auction. The auction will be online again and includes many more amazing experiences for our OLG families, including a ride to school in a police car, front row seats for the musical, bowling with Kindergarten teachers, dressing-up Mrs. Moss and many, many more!
If you would like to donate an auction item to the Silent Auction please contact Mrs. Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Catholic Schools Week Open House will be Thursday, January 30 – Please plan to join us for our Catholic Schools Week Open House on Thursday, January 30. We would love for all of our current families to bring a friend, parishioner, or co-worker to share in the great things that are happening at our school. The Open House will be from 6-7pm. Looking forward to seeing you there!
2020 Athletics Reverse Raffle: A SALUTE TO OUR HEROES Gambling License# 002104.
- Tickets are on sale! — SEE ATTACHED PDF Flyer! Check us out on OLG’s Facebook Event Page!
- WHEN’s the PARTY? Saturday – February 1, 2020 (7pm)
- Most CREATIVE outfit that salutes our heroes will win a special little prize!
- DONATIONS: If you would like to donate gift cards / prizes / or otherwise help sponsor our party, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is the reverse raffle? It’s a great PARTY we host to pay for OLG’s sports equipment, uniforms, sports scholarships, mid-season tournament fees, the gym fees, etc. You DO NOT have to be present to win this reverse raffle! While you wait to see if your name is drawn, you enjoy FREE food, FREE beverages, FREE music, and FREE fun! We strongly encourage you to bring extra cash to buy additional tickets to win AMAZING prizes!
• Volunteers for Volleyball – OLG is hosting a Volleyball Tournament Martin Luther King Jr. (THIS) Weekend (1/17 Friday after 5pm, 1/18 Saturday at 8am, 1/19 Sunday starting at 1pm). Girls and Boys volleyball parents are requested to volunteer 1.5 hours to help cover the event (Gate / Concessions). If you have not signed up, please contact email@example.com to add you to our schedule.
• Jr. High Youth Rally – Please see the attached flyer about the Jr. High Youth Rally on Saturday, February 1.
Hearts for Haiti
• Thank You 10 Pins –A special thanks to 10 Pins Bowling in Franklin! Their fundraiser on
December 8 netted $500 for OLG Hearts for Haiti. Thank you 10 Pins, and thanks to all who joined in the fun that day.
• Thank You Trivia Players and Supporters – Thanks to all who came out and played trivia at the 8 th Annual OLG Trivia Night. Hope you had a blast! Thanks also to all who
supported the event through prayer for a successful event, volunteer hours, and donations.
• Extra Funds Sent to St. Georges – The majority of funds sent to St. Georges go directly toward supporting the education of children. In fact, we are committed to providing $42,000 annually for teachers, administrators, and other costs associated with St. Georges
College (grades 7-12). We also often get requests for special needs for the parish. Earlier this month, we sent $5,135 to repair damages to the rectory caused by last year’s earthquake, and nearly $900 for repairs to the Land Rover used by Fr. Claribert (the pastor). It is only through the generosity of all who support OLG Hearts for Haiti that we are able to help St. Georges Parish in these ways.
• $AVE THE DATE – 21st Annual RHS Athletics Cash Bash & Raffle Saturday, February 29, 2020 Presented by the Roncalli Athletic Booster Club The Atrium – 3143 East Thompson Road Doors open @ 6:30 PM Dinner served @ 7:30 PM Raffle begins @ 8:00 PM $5,000 in Cash Draws and Raffles Tip Boards, Ticket Draw Prizes, 50/50’s, Pull Tabs & Plinko Tickets will go on sale January 13, 2020.
• Knights of Columbus Free Throw Competition for boys and girls ages 9 through 14 –Since 1972, the Knights of Columbus has sponsored the annual Free Throw Championship for boys and girls ages of 9 through 14. The event’s goal is to encourage the values of sportsmanship and healthy athletic competition. Athletes compete within their own age and gender categories. Winners of each category may have the opportunity to progress further in district, regional and state competitions.
The competition will be held in the Our Lady of the Greenwood Parish Life Center on Sunday, January 26, 2020. Registration begins at 12:00 PM. Competition begins at 1:00 PM. Please bring a copy of a birth certificate or other official document confirming the athlete’s age.
Please contact Tom Urrutia at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bruce Fletcher at email@example.com.
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items must be approved by the principal.