Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
October 6, 2021
Fall Break Starts this Friday, October 8th at 3:30 PM
We send our prayers and best wishes to all of our 8th graders who will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation this evening. Several of them will be trained as Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. What a wonderful blessing that these young people are eager to serve our church and school in this ministry!
REMINDERS: The Warm Weather Uniform Policy Ends after Fall Break; beginning Monday, October 18th, shorts are no longer to be worn to school. Students may wear navy blue uniform pants (or khaki for 8th grade only) or the uniform plaid jumper, skirt, or skorts. Skinny pants are not acceptable as uniform pants. Please refer to the school handbook for additional information on uniforms.
Masks are required at school. Please be sure to bring and wear your mask in the school building.
COLOR WALK: Color Walk is THIS Friday, October 8th.
Please visit and share the school donation platform at: https://www.donations4education.com/share?eqs=ZNBgur0ILdAkOvBkJVCQSNYFVzDNxq8mWgkzF3wSCHw
More detailed information and the Color Walk Permission Slip can be downloaded here.
We are also looking for parents and friends of our school to volunteer their time the day of the event by cheering on our students, helping track laps, giving out water, walking with students and more. Keep in mind, per school policy volunteers over the age of 18 years old must be Safe Parish certified. You can sign up at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E4EAEAE2BA6F85-color
Current Class Leaders:
- Mrs. Sonderman’s 3rd Grade Class
- Mrs. Dickey’s Kindergarten Class
- Mrs. Bullock’s 1st Grade Class
• Friday, October 8th – Color Walk.
• Friday, October 8th – First Quarter Ends.
• Friday, October 8th – Fall Break begins at 3:00pm.
- Monday, October 18th – School Resumes
• Friday, October 8th – Warm Weather Uniform Policy ends.
• Thursday, October 21st – Picture Retakes.
• LAST REMINDER! OLG’s Annual Color Walk is THIS Friday.
Parents are invited to join us at 12 PM to help set-up and be ready for the activities (see attached Sign-Up Genius for where help is needed).
* PERMISSION SLIPS must be returned by Friday for students to participate (see attached Permission Slip).
* Fundraising will close Friday, October 8th to tally our top fundraisers to enable Prize Distribution during the Color Walk! Golf Cart Laps (outside), Class Ice Cream Party, drawings from all participants for a free out-of-uniform change day and other goodies!
* We are watching the weather closely with hopes of completing the walk outside. If rain does come, we will reschedule the Color Walk for a later date.
* Please wear MASKS (required for participation) and WHITE SHIRTS with out-of-uniform shorts or pants. We hope to send home Color Walk Shirts on Thursday for those who ordered.
Questions or Concerns: Please email Mrs. Moss (email@example.com) or Mrs. Mahin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• CYO Fees/Covid – Reminder that CYO has increased entrance fees ($3 individual, $2 students and seniors, $7 family). Please remember to bring cash to CYO Sports games. COVID: always bring face masks to ALL games and events. Some schools are requiring for entry. No fan restrictions have been made at this point, but please try and be respectful of social distancing and keeping fans below capacity.
• Want an easy way to save on tuition this school year? Start the SCRIP gift card habit. Click here on how to get started with the RaiseRight app. Visit https://shop.shopwithscrip.com/Login/Enrolland use enrollment code: 5LFDEF776L766. Need help getting started? Contact SCRIP coordinator Eric Moster at email@example.com or 317-432-7521
Meeting has been changed from Wednesday, October 6th to Thursday, October 7th at 6:30 PM. Meeting information: School Commission Meeting Thursday, October 7 · 6:30 – 7:00pm
Google Meet joining info Video call link: https://meet.google.com/txy-zzxf-esy
Or dial: (US) +1 781-514-9418 PIN: 779 155 194#
6/7th Grade: Next Meeting will be Wednesday, October 20th at 6 PM in Mrs. Mathis’s room. Fall Ice Cream Sales were postponed again.
• 2021 Roncalli Open House – We are so excited to be able to host the 2021 Roncalli Open House on campus! This year’s event will take place on Thursday, November 4 from 6:00-8:00 PM. Registration will take place in the Ascension St. Vincent Gymnasium. Visit booths to meet faculty, staff and coaches. Check out our updated facilities. Get a tour of the school from a current RHS student. See what it’s like to be a Roncalli Royal…we love it, and we know you will too! Contact Allie Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Roncalli High School Placement Test
Roncalli will be hosting the Class of 2026 for the High School Placement Test (HSPT) on Saturday, November 6! Additional details are below:
- Test begins at 8:00 AM and concludes by 11:15 AM Please arrive 15 minutes early, and use the Fine Arts Center entrance (Door #5).
- Cost is $10-cash or check
- Students are asked to bring 2 sharpened No. 2 pencils; calculators are not allowed.
- STARS students and parents are invited to the 8th grade parent meeting on Tuesday, October 19, 2020 at 7 PM in the Roncalli Student Life Center.
- Accommodations, as designated in the student’s IEP/ISP, are available only for those students who provide the appropriate documentation to Mrs. Michelle Roberts (email@example.com), Special Needs Director, at least 10 days prior to the HSPT.
Parents are strongly encouraged to attend an Admissions Information meeting on the morning of the High School Placement Test from 10:00 – 11:15 AM in the auditorium. Items covered at this meeting will include the Admissions Application, the Admissions process, the Financial Aid process and some general academic and scheduling information. Please contact Jessica Engel, School Counselor (317) 787-8277 (ext.235) or Jane Dias, Guidance Administrative Assistant (ext. 214) with questions.
• Roncalli Shadow Program – The Royal for a Day Program has been a huge success this semester! So much so that all of the first semester shadow dates are full, but the entire second semester is open. Shadow Days are on an individual basis, with 8 students being able to join us each day. All visits will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in getting your 8th grader signed up, please email Allie Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org for all available dates. Go, Royals!
• Roncalli Spirit Store Annual Holiday Sale – The Roncalli Spirit Store will hold its annual Holiday Sale on Saturday, November 6, 2021 in the Roncalli cafeteria from 9 AM to 1 PM. We will have tons of awesome, new merchandise in the latest styles for everyone on your Christmas list. Eighth grade parents, shop with us while your student takes the Roncalli placement exam. Check out our FB page (Roncalli Spirit Store) for weekly sneak peeks.
For more information, please contact Amy Kuntz, Director of the Roncalli Spirit Store at email@example.com or 787-8277 ext. 278. See you at the sale!