Our Lady of the Greenwood School
December 7, 2022
• Thursday, December 8th is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception – There will be an all-school liturgy at 8:30am for this holy day of obligation.
• Christmas Program: Please join us on Wednesday, December 14th at 1:30 or 6:30pm in Madonna Hall for our Christmas Program. The afternoon 1:30 program will feature grades K-3, grades 6-8 Choir, and grades 6-8 Handbells. For the evening 6:30 program grades K-3 will perform at 6:00. There will be a short intermission for lower end families to exit if they wish and upper end families to enter. Then we will resume at 7:00 with grades 5-8 band, grades 6-8 Choir, and grades 6-8 Handbells.
• Join Our Extended Care Team – OLG’s Extended Care Program has two immediate openings: Monday through Friday from 3pm – 5pm. This is a terrific opportunity to earn extra money, enjoy children at play, and be a part of the OLG School community. Job sharing is also an option. Please call the school office or email Kent Clady at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jan McManus at email@example.com for more information.
• Únase a nuestro equipo de atención extendida – El programa de atención extendida de OLG tiene dos aperturas inmediatas: de lunes a viernes de 3:00 p. m. a 5:00 p. m. Esta es una excelente oportunidad para ganar dinero extra, disfrutar de los juegos de los niños y ser parte de la comunidad escolar de OLG. Compartir trabajo también es una opción. Llame a la oficina de la escuela o envíe un correo electrónico a Kent Clady a firstname.lastname@example.org oa Jan McManus a email@example.com para obtener más información.
Warm Bellies, Warm Hearts
OLG middle school students are working together on a fundraising project for the OLG Food Pantry. Under Mrs. Samuelson’s guidance, several students designed and photographed images of the season.
In turn, they created Christmas 4 x 6 photo cards and envelopes to sell.
Cost is $3 per card or $25 for nine cards. You can mix and match.
Cash or checks made out to Our Lady of the Greenwood School.
Please look at the great work done by students and consider how we can help you with your holiday card needs. The Food Pantry receives the profit.
Orders are due on Monday, 12/12 in order to ensure delivery by the 16th.
The order form along with thumbnail pictures of the photographs is attached.
• Care Packages for Deployed Soldiers – Our Middle School students are deeply committed to service throughout the year but especially at Christmas time. They are assembling care packages to deployed soldiers. If you would like to help, you are welcome to drop off any of these items to the school office between now and December 15th.
Snack bars (granola bars, protein bars, breakfast bars, etc.)
Small, hard containers of snacks (such as nuts)
Cheese crackers/ Peanut butter crackers
Candy (avoid chocolate)
Flavor packets for water
Contact Mrs. Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
• School Closings and Delays – All school delays or closings will be announced over the major local T.V. stations. The OLG website will be updated with this information as soon as possible. Families may receive notification via text message. To sign up to receive text message notification, text Y to 67587. Text message announcements will be sent regarding important school information, such as school closings, weather delays, and other urgent and timely messages. Standard data and messaging rates may apply. You may unsubscribe at any time. Text HELP for help or STOP to unsubscribe. Text Message Alerts will not replace routine school communications via email (Eagle Flyer etc.) but is an additional service for families.
In the event of a 2 hour school delay, Preschool 3 year old class will begin at 10:15 am.
Dismissal will be at 12:15. PreK classes will begin the school day with the 2 hour delay.
Morning Care will begin at 8:45 am on delay days.
• Save the Dates!
Thursday, February 2, 2023 Open House and Art Show in the evening
Monday, February 13, 2023 K-5 Math Night and Pizza Dinner 5pm – 7pm.
Candy Grams – It’s the Christmas Season! Celebrate the Holiday Spirit by sending a candy gram to your family, friends, classmates, teachers or OLG office staff! We are selling candy canes for $1 to support the 2024 Washington DC trip. Forms will be sent home with students or you may use the attached form. Please send cash or check (made out to OLG Washington DC) along with your filled out form no later than Friday December 9 th to your homeroom teacher or the office. Merry Christmas!
¡Es la temporada de Navidad! Celebra las fiestas enviando un Candy Gram a tus familiares, amigos, compañeros de clase, maestros y otros miembros de la familia OLG! Estamos vendiendo bastones de dulce por $1 para apoyar el viaje a Washington DC del año 2024. Formularios de venta serán enviados a casa con los estudiantes o también puede utilizarse el formulario anexado. Por favor enviar el dinero en efectivo o en cheque a nombre de OLG Washington DC junto con el formulario completado, no más tardar del día Viernes 9 de Diciembre, y entregarlo a la maestra guía de su salón o en la oficina.
• Next Meeting is January 1/11/23 – 6:00pm at Greenwood’s Jockamo’s!)
• NEW UNIFORM Crewneck Sweatshirts: To order our newly approved sweatshirts for everyday wear at school (MUST have Collared Uniform Shirt underneath):
2. Complete the form for your family (siblings can all use 1 form).
3. Submit Check OR Cash and the Form to the school office by Tuesday 12/13/22. Orders will be distributed to students in January! Next chance to order will be August’s Open House, so don’t miss out!
• OLG Staff / Teachers Christmas Gifts: Don’t forget to check our teachers’ Amazon wish lists (on their email signatures) or use our walmart registry to give the most useful gifts to our staff! (Here is the general Walmart registry for the school)! Pre-packaged Snacks (healthy-ish) are ALWAYS needed for Pre-K through 3rd, and Aftercare!
• Next Meeting is in January!
• MARK YOUR CALENDAR for Wednesday, January 18th from 6pm – 9pm when all of our 4th – 8th grade players have a HOME game!
• BOYS VOLLEYBALL (4th – 8th Grades): We are short a few boys for each level to really have a great season. If your son is interested, please email email@example.com. Teams are being finalized FRIDAY (12/9/22). We are also in need of coaches for 2 different CADET (7/8) teams. If you are interested, please email us! We have others willing to help at practices and to lay-out game procedures; we must have Game-Day Chaperones (Coaches) to be able to have the teams. Again, we must know by FRIDAY (12/9/22).
• RaiseRight – CLASS COMPETITION – be the winners!! The class participation competition takes place now through December 10th!! The class with the highest % of family participation will earn an extra recess and snack break!! *Note: One family order will count for each student in the family. Sign your RaiseRight agreement (English and Spanish) and funds can be used for tuition, lunch accounts, and/or aftercare! Get Grandparents, Godparents and friends involved, too!
• YOUR GUIDE TO HOLIDAY GIFTING THAT GIVES BACK Shop early to get your gift cards ahead of time. Find holiday gifts for everyone on your list while raising money for OLG. Whether you buy gift cards as presents or use them to buy gifts, you immediately earn on every order. Share the giftspiration with others— the more people that order, the truly merrier. Get inspired with the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide.
• Limited-time $5 & $10 gift cards now available – Great gifts that fit any budget: Shop $5 & $10 gift cards from 60+ popular brands. They’re the perfect holiday treat for mail carriers, bus drivers, teachers, students, priests, nuns and more. Or a generous way to support people in need this season. Any way you use them, they’re sure to spread joy while supporting OLG.
• Out of Uniform Days – Spend at least $200 in RaiseRight purchases by the end of December. Use the attached form here (also available in the office) to earn dress down days for your family even if you don’t have an online account.
• Dazzle Days Nov 26 – Dec 9 This Christmas season is a big opportunity to earn bonuses for OLG. The most dazzling offers of the year include: 1) Surprise mystery bonuses that disappear in 24 hours. 2) Two weeks of bonuses on many popular brands. Check them out here.
• Enrollment code: 5LFDEF776L766. Need help getting started? Contact RaiseRight coordinator Eric Moster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-432-7521
• During finals, pray for your Roncalli Royals in Eucharistic Adoration. Please see the attached flyer here for details.
• Roncalli High School Application for Admission – Roncalli is excited to welcome the Class of 2027 next fall! As a reminder, the Application for Admission is now available online at https://roncalli.schooladminonline.com/users/sign_in. Once the application is complete, please continue through the Checklist Items in the Parent Portal. For those who have not been in a South Deanery Catholic grade school for grades seven and eight, one of those next steps will include scheduling an admissions interview for January 10, 11 or 12. For those that do not need an admissions interview, Allie Ross, director of admissions and marketing, will email you with scheduling appointment times. Please contact her at email@example.com or (317) 787-8277, ext. 243 with any questions.
OLG Mission Statement
Serving Greenwood and the surrounding areas, Our Lady of the Greenwood School is a Catholic school that is proactive in developing a Christian educational environment that:
- Models the teachings of Christ
- Challenges each student’s academic potential
- Encourages creative, healthy, well-rounded individuals
- Fosters caring, competent decision makers
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items must be approved by the principal.