Our Lady of the Greenwood School
Sponsored by Steve’s Flowers and Gifts
January 13, 2021
• School will not be in session Friday, January 15th (unless needed as a snow make-up day).
• School will not be in session Monday, January 18th for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
• 2021-2022 School Registration – Registration for the 2021-2022 school year for current families begins today, Wednesday, January 13th. Registration information will be emailed. Open registration for new families will begin Monday, February 1st.
• Catholic Schools Week – As we prepare for Catholic Schools Week next month, we are looking for empty CLEAR plastic gallon water jugs for a fun project. Please drop these off at the Office. Look for more information about Catholic Schools Week in the near future.
• Trash Bags – This is a reminder that there are plenty of trash bags in stock right now. Contact your favorite 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th grader to pick some up. Trash bags are also available in the school office.
• • USDA Waivers Extended for the Remainder of the School Year –
The USDA has issued waivers for all Federal Lunch Program schools across the country to provide free meals to ALL students as part of COVID-19 relief. This program includes Our Lady of the Greenwood School. The USDA has approved an extension through June 20, 2021.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
* All reimbursable breakfast and lunch meals (not including items purchased a la carte) will be provided at no charge for the duration of the program.
* Students will continue to be charged for a la carte items.
WHAT IS A REIMBURSABLE MEAL?
* A reimbursable lunch includes 3-5 meal components (meat or meat alternative, grain/bread, fruit, vegetable, and milk), one of which must be a fruit or vegetable.
* A reimbursable breakfast includes at least three of the offered items, including one fruit or vegetable.
WILL SCHOOL MENUS CHANGE DUE TO THIS PROGRAM?
*No changes are planned to our school menus.
*Menus are available on the school website.
We are excited that this program is being offered to our families to help provide some financial relief during this extraordinary time. I would encourage you to still apply for the Free/Reduced Lunch Program if you feel that you may qualify. In addition, we receive other federal government funding for programs based on the number of families that qualify for free/reduced lunches.
Please contact Mr. Clady at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Athletics (EMAIL email@example.com)
• Register Now for Spring Sports –
Co-Ed Soccer (5th-8th grades); Girl’s Kickball (3rd-8th grade); Co-Ed Track (2nd – 8th grade)
Track: If you are interested in leading the team, please let us know ASAP. We are looking at training with SSFC due to a lack of OLG coaches. Runners will still run as Eagles, assistant coaches will be needed, and practices will be at SSFC or Roncalli.
Soccer/Kickball: If you are interested in coaching, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CYO Baseball / Softball (7/8th Grade): If you have a coach, a pitcher, a catcher, and a few OLG friends, let us know you want to register a team! If you don’t, let us know and we can help direct you to a southside deanery that does.
• Reverse Raffle – Due to Covid, our traditional 2021 Blast-of-a-Party Reverse Raffle is being cancelled. We will be doing an on-line raffle and pledge drive to help fund the OLG CYO Athletics Ministry (uniforms, balls, PLC maintenance, scholarships, etc). Please stay tuned for more information in the following weeks.
• Reveal a 1-day bonus every Wednesday this month – To make being at home just a little better, every Wednesday families can earn more on a surprise brand that provides stay-at-home staples. Check our RaiseRight™ mobile app and spread the word.
• Need help getting started? Contact SCRIP coordinator Eric Moster at email@example.com or 317-432-7521 Enrollment code:C83FCLA86L766
• My Story, R Family – What an awesome story for this week’s My Story, R Family! Kim Elzea and her son Cole, current Roncalli senior, made the move to RHS over the summer, and as a senior, that is not an easy decision to make. We are blessed that they chose to spend this last year with us! It is NEVER too late to join the Roncalli Family!
• LOOK AT RONCALLI – Virtual Tour – Nothing can replace an in-person campus tour, but these images are the next best thing. See some of the highlights tour guides share on their guided campus tours and check out Roncalli academic facilities. View the tour at https://www.roncalli.org/admissions/virtual.
School: 881-1300::::Fax: 885-5005::::Website: school.ol-g.org. To submit an item for the Eagle Flyer, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All items must be approved by the principal.